grrrr...the last few months, it has been a PAIN to get brynn to go to bed and STAY in her bed. we fight with her every night about this and it's getting soooooooo old. it literally takes 2 hours some nights, combined with multiple threats, tabasco sauce in her mouth (we are such nice parents) and favorite stuffed animals banned from her bed.
i am going to start a new rewards method that a friend of mine out here told me about, so wish us luck! steve and i are so close to sending her away!
how could someone not like sleep?! sleep is the BEST!

13 comments:
It is good to know that we are not the only parents who are currently having this problem...... I want to know about your reward system!!!
Oh I'm sorry. Good luck with the new plan. Guess I shouldn't be in a hurry to move Em out of her crib. I love how we both always let our kids scream while we run for the camara!
Windsey, I just read your blog and figured that I'd comment on your most recent post since you might not look at the old one. I just saw your orange to cantelope analogy, and all I can say is lol! (Anything else would be in bad taste)
It's good you're preaching the benefits of sleep. It's a concept I was in favor of preaching when a certain girl was late coming home from an an outing or two with some dude and his orange volkswagon...
Best Regards, Daddy-O
Oh, I so feel you on this one. Been there, done that, and I'm sure I'll be there again sometime next week.
Hope you're having fun in WA! Can't wait to hear about it!
So I was watching Super Nanny about 5 years ago and saw an episode where the parents were having problems putting there child to bed. The would get out of there room the moment the parents would put them back in bed. So this is what Super Nanny suggested on doing and it worked. When they come out of there room, don't say anything to them, just pick them back up and put them in there room. The parents did this seriously for an hour and it finally worked. Don't punish them don't say anything to them, just pick them back up and put them in there bed. Let me know if it works if you try it. LOL I'm sorry I can't symathize with you cause my kids go to bed willingly. Or another thing you can try is have them take a bath at nights with some toys and let them play in the tub for about 10 minutes, it helps to wear out there energy. I do do that. And then rub my kids down with Lavender lotion.
I just LOVE your sleep is the best comment, but I also know that kids think that anything other than junk food, playing, movies, and more playing is not the best. Good luck!
OH my heck! I am totally there with you honey. I cannot get my kids to bed for the life of me...by the time they actually get to sleep at 10 p.m I have yelled at them, threatened them, given Ky a cold shower to calm down (we are mean too.hehe) IT SUCKS! So if you have anything that works...pass it my way! Good luck :)
sleep is TOTALLY the best... ooohhh goodluck, Lindsay. I'm sorry!
ugh that's the worst. it's so hard! hard for them, hard for you, hard all round!! im curious what you did!!
haha, I love to read your blog! I hate this age right now! Three's are horrible! I hear that fours are the best and I'm so excited for Ethan to reach them! I still have problems with Audrey and then I just threaten to take away her allowance (big whoppin doller) and that always works.
Hey YOU! I wanna see more pictures and hear more stories! I mean, you should have plently of time on your hands between training for a marathon, taking care of 2 kids, keeping the house in order, sewing, crafting, and feeding your family. C'mon! :) LOve you!
i miss your blog posts, where did you go?!?!?
he lindsey how about and update?
Jeff
Post a Comment