Friday, November 12, 2010

deployment...grrrrr


sorry i have fallen off the face of the earth with this blogging schtuff. i will update when i have time as a lot is changing with our family and we have been super busy.

we face our first deployment this coming tuesday, which i am dreading. steve will be gone a total of 8 months which leaves me and the girls alone till mid-late july 2011. i am NOT too thrilled about dealing with the harsh alaskan winter as a single parent...been pretty emotional about that along with everything else :(

so, me and the girls will be in utah december 13th-january 12th to spend the holidays with steves family and to break up the time a little. its going to be really hard to not have steve there with us.

i am so grateful for all the support we have received from our family, friends and neighbors. i am truly blessed to know such amazing people! thank you everyone :)


8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Lindsay! I am so sorry! I can't even imagine how hard that would be. seriously I am hurting for you. Hang in there...find some really good friends and a new hobby that will keep you REALLY busy. Keep us updated how you are doing k.

The Jo's said...

:( :( :( and might I add :(. I'm sorry, that really sucks!!

Carolyn Townsend said...

Lindsay, sorry that Steve is going to be gone. If you ever need to come over and hang out just give a shout. We can have you over for dinner. I haven't been to the gym in a while with sick kids but it would be nice to see you! If you ever need help with your girls as well I would be glad to hang out with them so you can have some time.

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Oh Lindsay, I am so sorry! You can come visit me for as long as you would like! :) Hang in there!

The McKee's said...

Lindsay, I am so sorry that this is happening. I hope all goes well for you and Steve and that the time goes fast! You'll be in my prayers.

Laura George said...

Found your blog! Deployment sucks, but you have so many people around you to hep you through it, so make sure you take advantage of any and all the help they offer! I survived and I know you can!

Nielsen Family said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through that. But on the selfish side I'm so happy I get to see you! I can't wait!

The Obstinant Family said...

I sure miss your posts, you are so dang hilarious. Did you stay in Alaska?