Tuesday, February 3, 2009

mango's visit to the vet

today i had the privilege of taking our sweet cat mango to the vet (and if you have had the pleasure of meeting ms. mango, you know just how sweet she is) for her shots and getting the ball rolling for all her paperwork needed to get to alaska. kids are not allowed at the vet, so steve was able to get away from work for 30 minutes and sit in the car with brynn which seriously saved me. i also had to bring a friggin stool sample so they could check to see if she had worms so that was fun to tote around. mango HATES her kennel and knew she was going somewhere when i took it out last night and left it in the hall for her.
mango cried all the way to spangdahlem so brynn thought it would be nice to sing to her. ya, i had a headache listening to "twinkle, twinkle little star"and "popcorn popping" combined with mango's nasty deep moan's. poor brynn was trying to help and kept getting frustrated whenever mango would cry, so she kept singing louder and louder to over power mango! ahhh, i was happy to arrive and get out of the car.
it took 3 people to hold my grumpy, spit flinging cat in order to give her the 4 shots. there is this video online that im sure everyone has seen, that basically sums up how mango was behaving during the appointment. just picture a longer haired cat and ta-da! you've got mango! we are so sedating her this time around when we fly back...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that video cracks me up. I know that it is sad, but that cat sounds like a freaking kid screaming! Poor thing...and your poor mango. That is lots of shots for one kitty. I love my cat and would be so sad to have to get him shots. When you leaving for Alaska?

Annie Pennington said...

Wow, that is ONE MAD CAT!!! Kate thinks it's completely facinating and wants me to play it for her over and over! I really feel for you driving all the way to Spang hearing Brynn singing and Mango moaning. What a horrible experience!!! Glad it's over for you!! Now bring on the Benadryl for Mango's trip to Alaska! LOL!

The Polka Dot Apron said...

K-I laughed so hard I snorted! Ah...traveling with cats- always a joy. My cat is SO mellow and sweet tempered but I still wanted to put him on top of the car when we were moving back from Oregon. Good luck!

James +Tami + Max said...

HAHA I remember the last time you moved with Mango.
Last week we drove past your old haunted house. It still looks haunted just in case you were wondering.

The Shaffers said...

Oh my that video is too funy! Corey, Hannah and i all got a good laugh!! Brynn is too funny, thinking singing to him would make him happy, too cute.. Hannah would do the same thing! Good luck flying with him and i soo would sedate him too... Poor Mango!

The Obstinant Family said...

You always find the coolest videos Lindsey. That was freaking AwEsOmE!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy!!!! I'm not a cat fan either so I couldn't deal with all that, but I do love my little doggie, but she like petrifies when she's at the vet. They could punch her and she wouldn't move.

Unknown said...

you know what I decided...you need to join facebook so I can talk to you. Or are you already. Cause I feel like we dont get to talk back and forth on blogs as well :) And I defiantly wanna see you when you come to Utah!