sorry you haven't heard from us in a while! things have been crazy here. here are some of the highlights from the peterson household these past 2 weeks:
*brynn's pronunciation of "princess". i have to get it on video so you all can hear how she says it! we DIE whenever she says it. hey, its entertaining! everyone who has heard her say it pees their pants.
*finally getting all of our paperwork signed/completed so we can get our orders. now we are just waiting for the call. once we get them, we can start getting things/dates set up to move. i will be able to sleep better at night once we get the ball rolling on everything.
*going to ikea in koblenz with emily s. without children! it was nice to get away and buy some decorations. i'm so bummed that there isn't an ikea in anchorage as i love their stuff. i bought some awesome candlesticks, frames, art, plates, serving dishes and some other organization things. and of course we stuffed our faces with their meatballs! i love those things!
*finding out that my honda crv was needing some work. we took it into a mechanic LAST tuesday and didn't get it back till wednesday night. it really sucks having one car! thank goodness we have some awesome friends that live pretty close as they have been helping us out with carpooling. the mechanic told us it would be around $850 to get it all fixed so that sucked. well, he calls me on monday night to tell me that they "discovered" another part that needed to be fixed (whatever dude, you're shady) asap to prevent further problems. so the price would be a little higher then what he quoted me. so i'm thinking a little higher is what, $45? wrong. the total came out to $1,200. there goes our tax money and my hopes for doing some more traveling before we leave. pissed me off. oh well, at least we have our car back.
*brynn and her friend ethan (or as she calls him,"E") locking themselves in my friends bathroom with the ONLY key yesterday. it sucked. i was so mad. i just sat on the floor in the hallway PISSED as all of us mom's tried bribing them to pull out the key, and slide it under the door. they were in there for about 10 minutes (which seriously seemed much longer as i was stressing about all the things brynn was destroying in the bathroom) until brynn finally did what we asked her to do. these stupid german doors drive me crazy! its not the same in the states with a lock that you turn from the inside. each door as its very own skeleton key and if you loose the key, you have to replace the whole unit! i'm so sorry kristen s. for yesterday! this is exactly why i hate taking brynn places with me.
*getting a new wii sensor bar and game! our friends introduced us to rayam's raving rabbid's tv party a few weeks ago and we loved it (we have the 2nd one). its hilarious to play with people as there are dancing mini games in it along with some really random games that make you look ridiculous! if you have a wii, check this game out! its so fun and great for all ages. im also happy to be able to rock out again on guitar hero again as it's been too long.
*getting released from the primary presidency. i have been the 1st counselor for over 2 years in our ward and was ready for a change. i was actually released a lot sooner than i thought i would be (in our ward, its common to be released AFTER you have moved and i was sure that was what was going to happen with me) and it caught me off guard. i will miss all the kids and the people i served with. it was a wild ride for sure, but i believe i have grown in many ways.
*watching american idol with steve. we love the auditions and crack up over some of the crazies that think they can sing. seriously, some of these people MUST be hard of hearing if they think they sound good!
this was from last year, but STILL makes me die! i get uncomfortable when he this guy dances as its soo nasty! but you can't help but feel bad for him as his feelings have obviously been hurt.

5 comments:
I'm glad you posted a post, I've missed hearing about your life.
Chels locks herself in our bathroom all the time. I've just started not worrying about it, she'll unlock the door when she wants to come out, haha, I'm a bad mom!
I love the American Idol auditions!!! Jacob and I only watch the first weeks so we can laugh. After they get past the auditions it's just not fun anymore!
Kelsey locked herself in on Monday and I spent awhile coaxing her to turn the key one way slowly, 'No, back the other way...just a little bit!" There's no room under the door to slide it under and she was bawling cause she was scared.
Sorry about your car. That must really really stink! You've had tons of work in the last little bit on your cars.
I just got a DDR2 game with the dance pad, which I will never play in front of anyone else because I will surely embarass myself but it's been fun! Kelsey tried to do the dances next to me. Okay, stop picturing me dancing. I'm definitely not good at it, but it's fun! I also recently acquired a Wii Fit and love it! I don't have many other cool games yet and I've never tried Rock Band, ever. Can't wait to get it, but I need more than myself to play, right?
this has been our first season actually watching american idol--loved the "cat falling off the empire state building" comment. i think simon is a peterson at heart.
Oh my gosh I TOTALLY remember Keith from American Idol! Man, what a total IDIOT! Funny stuff though, I watched the video and was cracking up!!!
Oh my gosh that's so scary about Brynn and Ethan locking themselves in the bathroom! What a nightmare!!!! You know all about my nightmare story with Kate locking me in the bathroom! I'm so fed up with these German doors and locks!
LMAO! That was to hilarious! Poor guy.
Post a Comment