i'm so stressed out.
because we are moving to alaska (elmendorf afb), it's considered an overseas assignment so there are a lot of extra things we need to get taken care of before they will officially move us. we cannot get our actual orders until we have all of this stuff checked off, so we're stuck until then. you cant do ANYTHING until you've gotten orders (like get dates set up for shipping your car, setting dates for the movers to come get your crap, getting loaner furniture when they ship your household goods, going to tlf on base, out process) so i'm anxious. i'm afraid we will be living out of suitcases for 3 months just like we did when we moved to germany in february of 2006 and that was AWFUL.
some of these extra things include more doctor/dentist visits so we can be cleared medically (they want to make sure you're going to an area that provide services in case you have special needs). i'm just a little annoyed that steve just told me all of this stuff a few days ok! and as a dependent (if you're a military spouse, you can totally relate!!!) i cannot go and find out what needs to done/schedule things as steve is in charge of our whole family! i don't have a clue on what needs to be done, so it's all on steve. ugh....so yeah.
i made a butt load of appointments for brynn and i so once we get thru all of those and are cleared, we can finally get the paperwork rolling. i'm hoping that we can get our car shipped asap after that as it takes a good 6-7 weeks for it to make it to the port in alaska by boat and i really want to have it waiting for us when we arrive in march so we don't have to worry about renting a car. moving is so expensive and every little thing adds up.
so, i had the privilege of seeing a doctor this morning for my "woman parts" today as it has been a good 18 months since i last went and i had to get it taken care of to move (i know i know, all you guys want to know that.). i really really don't like going! i understand the importance, but i feel so violated and embarrassed! being a chick is so hard...
something made me nervous today as i was waiting for the doctor to come in and prod around my nether regions. i was lying there on the weird chair with stirrups, looking around the room reading the corny posters on the wall and the pamphlets about breast exams when i saw a few drawers marked a little strangely. i had to get up to make sure i was reading them correctly! one said "spatula"! WHAT THE CRAP!? A SPATULA?! what are they going to put inside me?! i'm not a friggin' mixing bowl! of course i know its not really a spatula like you use in the kitchen (and i'm sure my ob nurse mom will explain to me what they are) but it made me laugh! i also saw drawers labeled "c. brush" and "c. broom". its nice to know that they clean you up good and purdy down there! LOL!
the doctor probably wondered why i was smiling real big and trying not to laugh. she must have thought i was one of those freaks who ENJOYS these visits. so, while she was doing the good ole' exam, i kept stretching my neck to see what instruments she was using just in case...thank goodness it was nothing abnormal.


8 comments:
HAAAA! My gosh Lindsay, I can always depend on your blog to crack me up! It does sometime ROYALLY suck to be a girl with our nasty girlie doc appt! BLECH! I HATE THEM! I especially love the spatula photo you added the blog for a little extra schnazziness. I hope it works out so that you can get your official orders soon!
moving stressed me out big time, I hope everything goes good for you guys
haha you are too funny!! that reminds me, I need to make an appt for myself.... I hope you get your orders soon! I know how you feel!
Hahaha! That's great. Last time I had a female appointment i was in the stirrups when the fire alarm went off!
It's so irritating not being able to do the checklists yourself. Don't they realize the amount of work they could continue to get out of our spouses if they would just allow dependents to do these things instead of requiring the military members to leave work to take care of it. It was a total shock to my system when I married Nate and realized I was a no one and a nothing in the eyes of the military. The best is when we went to get a power of attorney and they adviced Nate right in front of my face not to give me general power of attorney because there's a good chance I'll take all his money and leave. Good old AF, good luck
Haha you are such a wierdo and I love it! I'm so glad I don't have to do that stuff for our move...since I'd have to see my doc at church on Sunday...haha. Just kidding I'd never. That would be more embarrassing than what happened at the end of my c-section!
Hi Lindsey. Glad your mom sent you my blog. I don't know how well I'll do with it, but figured I'd try. I hope things go well for your move. I know your mom is excited for you to come back to the states. Apparently she thinks we'd get along real well and that we have quite a lot in common. :)
Haha Lindsay your too funny!! I hope you can get all things done quickly so you can get your orders, only to do more things,haha!!
Post a Comment