
easter this year was way low key as we were still on base in the tlf (ghetto furnished apartment). the saturday before easter, the base held an easter egg hunt for the kids so we decided to check that out as i wasn't planning on having our own easter egg hunt for brynn as it was still cold outside and the snow was melting. it was held in a huge hanger close to where we were staying so it was really convenient for us to get there. of corse, they divided the kids up in age groups to make it fair so brynn was in the youngest group. the picture doesn't do it justice, but there were hundred's and hundred's of egg's! i thought for sure brynn would make it out good, but it was pure insanity so she was only able to grab 8. it sort of bugged us at how the parents were collecting eggs for their kids (who were brynn's age and older) as it didn't make it fair for everyone else. but that's ok, she was happy with what she got as she's all about the sugar like her parents. the people who held the event for the kids had prizes for the children if they found a ticket in their eggs. we didnt find any in brynn's, but we did see some kids come away with bikes, gift certificates to the bx, playdoh kits, and games. not bad! it was pretty hilarious how fast the kids cleaned up those eggs! steve and i kept laughing about that as it was seriously over in about a minute. wish brynn was that fast at cleaning up her messes when we ask her...
ya, i should've put her hair up...maybe that's why she didn't grab more eggs as she couldn't SEE!
the next day, we went to our new ward in eagle river for the first time for church. we weren't in our home yet, but we figured out the boundaries online and checked it out. well, at least we met our soon to be neighbors and they were rad. totally down to earth people with 4 young kids and also in the air force. they have helped us out a TON and we are so appreciative of that.


4 comments:
glad you are doing ok! I miss you! Im actally in Germany right now and wish I could see you
It's amazing how fast kids can clean if there's candy involved! If that was trash they had to pick up it would have taken forever. I miss you guys so much! I hope your ward gets better, maybe some cool people missed that sunday. I wanna see pics of your house once you're all settled in. I'm so excited for you guys!
I'm glad you're starting to get settled. That's good that your new neighbors are cool, having a friend in the ward is always important!
How fun! I want to see pictures of your place. I'm so glad you get along with your neighbors. Our new one's on base are in our ward and she looked at me like "ew" so whatever I can't wait til the Leichtys get here.
Post a Comment