Thursday, October 1, 2009

baby S's nursery

(we are still undecided between sage or savannah for the name, so in the meantime we refer to her as baby "S")
i had fun decorating this room, but it still isn't completely finished.
i based the elephant theme of the nursery off the crib bedding that we bought back when we had brynn. steve made me promise that i would find something gender neutral so we could use it for all our kiddo's. i really wanted to get different bedding this time around, but a promise is a promise...grrrr.
we bought this amy coe elephant bedding for brynn online thru target (*sigh, i love you target) back in germany, and its awesome! it's survived many MANY washes, chewing fits, and accidents and still looks great to this day! i tried to stick with brown, green and pink for the nursery colors, and am happy for how it turned out for the most part.

not the best pictures, sorry...i'm clueless how to use our cannon and plan to get better this next year.


entrance. all 3 bedrooms are upstairs (technically we have a bedroom downstairs, but we use it as an office) and this room is directly across from us. definitely beats the layout we had in germany! i HATED that brynn's room was upstairs as it was seriously dangerous for me to walk up and down stairs so sleep deprived. i'm happy to say that she is still alive after 3 years! go lindsay!

i made all the decor in this room as i have become overly ambitious lately thinking i can make anything...riiight. the elephant on the wall is 4 pieces of canvas, and a vinyl elephant cut into fourths (i did a similar project in brynn's room with a damask symbol). the framed elephant is actually taken off a gift bag!!! ya, i'm so ghetto. i wanted to buy cute framed elephant art for the room but everything i liked was WAY over priced and i rather have spent that $ on clothing for baby S. so, i came up with this clever idea (which sadly, is probably only clever in MY eyes) and it goes with the room.

something i am looking into doing, is finding 5 little stuffed elephants and revamping the mobile. i found a few elephant mobile's online, but again they are over $75 and steve would kill me if i bought them. the book case in the corner is a garage sale find and i plan on staining it so its darker like the crib and changing table. who knows when i will get around to doing that...and does anyone know how to stain furniture?! i've never done it.

the space above the crib SCREAMS "fill me", which i plan to do shortly. i want to get one of those rad vinyl monograms, but want to wait until we know for sure what we are naming this little girl. the elephant art on the right is again, something i made using the ghetto elephant gift bag idea as a template. i cut paper/fabric/felt out and pieced the elephants together while adding a running stitch all the way. i tell ya, i'm a crazed nesting fool! who does these types of things?! me, baby ME.

right when we found out we were having another girl, robeez was having a super clearance online. i'm a huge fan of these shoes (along with pediped's), so i jumped on that. normally these shoes range around $30, but i grabbed these three pairs for $12 EACH! it was a good day for lindsay when they arrived. i'm so excited to use these! a girl can never have too many shoes at any age! after 6 years of marriage, steve still does NOT share this fact with me. he just needs to stop fighting it!

and of course, brynn is soooo pumped to share room right next to baby S. she is set to help mommy out in many ways such as:
*petting the baby when she cries
*always making sure the binky is in her mouth 24-7
*making sure mango doesn't steal the crib (as we have caught her in there a lot lately building a nest with her hair)
*letting mommy know when baby poop's
*sharing the shopping cart with her
*reading her books
*singing to her when she is sad
&
*always making sure she is wearing the bows/clips that mommy made
now, all we need is a baby!!! i'm so DONE being as huge as a house and having people stare at me when i'm out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute.. and sorry I'm with your hubby... I can't see spending SO much money on baby stuff that they grow out of so fast, to just buy it again for another baby... the room is so cute though..

Melissa D said...

The room is adorable! Good luck with your final stretch! :) Oh, and I LOVE the shoes!!!

Jesse said...

I feel your pain on having promised to use the same bedding for all the kids, I'm already wishing I hadn't agreed to that and I'm not even beginning to think about baby #2. The room looks great and I'm a little disappointed that you described your artwork as ghetto when it is clearly not, now if I made baby S an elephant picture it would definitely change your definition of the word ghetto.

Nielsen Family said...

So cute! I love pedipeds too...they are the only shoes I can find that I want for Emma... argh why are they so expensive!

Annie said...

I love the gift bag idea! You are so creative!!! I also LOVE those pink and black robeezs. They are my favorite pair and I wish I could have bought them, boy clothes/shoes are just not as fun to buy!

Ashlie Bischoff said...

cute! i love the name savannah

Kasey said...

Wow. Her room looks awesome! I'm so impressed with how much energy you have to get this stuff done.

jenners said...

So, I have been out of the blogging loop for a while, but 1st off I can not believe how much Brynn looks like you! And 2nd, congrats on the almost new baby!!

The Shaffers said...

EVERTHING look beautiful!!! You never give yourself enough credit, your one taltend ladie.. I sure hope these last 2 weeks go by quickly and smootly. Looking foward to hearing all about your new baby girl!

The McKee's said...

You are so funny!!! I love the baby room! What great ideas you have! And the shoes are adorable! How fun!

Valerie said...

I love your nursery. It makes me want to have one for Averie. But we have decided not to have one this time. And you are so not ghetto for using gift bags and making your own decor. It's clever! Just check out joysofhome.blogspot.com. she uses thriftstore finds and wood from dumpsters and makes them into beautiful works of art.
I can't wait to see you little one!! Any day now right??