Wednesday, December 17, 2008

bunny fever

brynn has always loved bunnies. she has a handful of bunny books that are worn down from being used so much (and from her chewing on them) so when i told her we were going to visit teach one of mommy's friends who had a bunny, she was thrilled! she wouldn't stop talking about it the whole 15 minutes it took to get to brittnie's house so i had a headache when we first arrived...anyways, i let her hold one of their bunnies for a few minutes on the couch, took a picture so she could remember, then put it back in its cage as it was getting a little jumpy and scratched brynn's hand. she was mad that it had to go back, but eventually played with the other kids there. i noticed that she kept rubbing her eyes so i grabbed her to put her hair up in a ponytail as i thought it was her long crazy hair that was bothering her eyes. when i saw her face i knew that wasnt the case! poor thing is allergic to bunnies just like her dad! i was so sad as im a huge bunny lover (ask anyone who knew me when i was younger. i spent years in 4H for rabbits and had 50 rabbits in my backyard at one time. and did i mention we didn't live on a farm? yep, in a suburb of seattle baby with tons of bunnies in the backyard crammed in hutches and cages!) and wanted to get brynn a pet bunny of her own someday as they are fairly easy pets to take care of. luckily, brittnie had some benadryl so that helped brynn's "sloth" face clear up. yes, she resembled that 1985 epic movie "the goonies" character sloth (minus the ghetto teeth. she has nice teeth but definately had the droopy swollen eye and puffy face).

needless to say, steve was happy as now he has a legitimate reason as to why we can't get a bunny. i guess our mean cat mango will have to do for now.

5 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Haha I told Marcus for years that I was allergic to cats so that he couldn't have one.

Annie said...

Poor Brynn, and she loves them so much. I feel her pain...but with cats.

Kiesha said...

I LOVED the Goonies! Not that I'd want to look like one though. Poor Brynn! And isn't that against some sort of law to have so many bunnies in your back yard...50? Your so funny!

Jeff Janae & Crew said...

Way to go Steve...ruining your daughter's dream of owning a bunny ;-) Lindsay I've got to add that I did have some outdoor rabbits growing up even though Steve was allergic...mean big sister that I am.

*Caroline* said...

hahahaha you kill me linz. Sloth now really lol. poor brynn.