Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hijacking at its finest!

Lo and behold - Steve has hijacked the blog! Yes, I have been the faithful and quiet sidekick of this blog and have never caused any ruckus - only bliss. However, from the looks of it, I have disrupted the blogging cycle by being TDY back here in the States. It is my duty- no, it my honor, to be able to input a least one post before I return back to Germany and render my service back to the Queen of the Sanctuary.

I was out in Denver for a few days at a conference for fellow Finance folks. I thought of all these different restaurants that I could go to, but Arby's sounded like Heaven. I went to The Macaroni Grill when I got in, but I think Lindsay must've put a curse on my stomach as I couldn't eat my food. I have faith that it would've tasted good, but alas, I did not partake.

Yesterday I came out to Utah to visit my sister Janae and her fam. It has been great to see her and catch up on some things, as well as get harassed by everyone. Why does everyone pick on me? (a classic by the Bloodhound Gang) I'm going up to Logan tomorrow until I go back, and that should be good - I've gotten half of my Christmas shopping done so far and I know exactly where to go to finish. What happened to the procrastinating Steve the shopper?

Seeing baby Megan (Janae's youngest) makes me miss my family. I love seeing the mountains out here and my siblings/parents, but I miss my family. Seeing Brynn at the end of the day just makes my day. Hearing stories from Lindsay of what's she's seen/done with Brynn cracks me up. I'm so proud to by a Dad and love being a husband. I can't think of anyone else other than Lindsay I want to be with forever. Our humor is perfectly intertwined and she is my best friend. She even convinced me to quit WoW! Going on a year of being clean. That's love at it's finest!

It's been good to be out here, but I long to be back in Germany to be with MY family. Sorry for the hijacking...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the sweetest husband! You guys are so cute together. I think you and my husband should start a group. I have gotten him clean of WOW for 6-months now. hehe

Nielsen Family said...

Wow he must have known he was in trouble to publicly pronounce his love like that. You should put him in the dog house more often! You might get something shiney out of it!

Adventures in Petersonland said...

good idea shelly! hahahaha!
and kelley, yes craig and steve should start a WOW recovery group. steve still hints to me a few times a week about starting up again. i guess there is a new version or something that just came out and he is dying to have it. NOT COOL! i hated when he played as he ignored us and we fought like crazy about it!