Monday, March 9, 2009

headache


ugh...the past few days have been HELL. steve and i have been busy sorting thru all our crap, deciding if we need specific items for the next 3 months (as thats how long it takes to get our stuff in alaska), cleaning, and trying to separate the 220v items that have taken over our house. of corse we don't always agree on what things we should pack, so you can say its been a little contentious here. on top of that, its been hard to try and get all these much needed things done with our tazmanian devil toddler coming thru and destroying our projects. so, we have found to do the majority of our packing/sorting/cleaning when the little "princess" is sleeping. so, you can imagine how tired and cranky steve and i have been as we haven't been getting to bed till super late. ahhh, i will be glad when we go into tlf on friday!

the packers come tomorrow (it was supposed to be today, but they bumped it back a day for some reasons. but i'm totally ok with this as it has given us more time to do everything) and i'm sure i wont be able to sleep tonight. if you know me, you know how obsessed i am with structure, organization and cleanliness. all of which our house is NOT at the moment. i will be lucky to survive this move without an ulcer or 10! friggin ehh...

but i will live. we just busted out some awesome cheese from holland as i type this and i have decided that i will survive. thank goodness for food. and did i mention how excited we are to eat at wendy's and arby's?! i have seriously been having dreams about food lately! like the other day, i dreamt about the popcorn at target. yes, their popcorn. WTH?! i think i had the popcorn there 3 times in my whole life. i have no idea why i dream about that in my subconscious.

7 comments:

Jesse said...

I don't envy your packing, I'm trying to delay our moving as long as possible. As for Target popcorn, you're dreaming about it because it's yummy, I stole some of my nieces just the other day when we were there.

Ashlie Bischoff said...

ahh Lindsay! I totally feel your pain! I HATE this part of the move! Hope things go smoothly! Cant wait to hear how your trip goes! Are you coming though WA at all?

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, just thinking about having to do all that STUFF gives me a headache!! And 3 months to ship your stuff!!! Is it making a stop on Jupiter first??? With all our technology they can't do somethings any better... Hope the move goes as smoothly as it can!! And that you get to enjoy some of our american fast food chains.

Annie Pennington said...

Moving is seriously sooo crazy stressful! I really feel for you! Hope everything goes very smoothly!!

James +Tami + Max said...

Awesome picture!!
Max loves the little lion you gave him. when we stick it in his face his hands go wild and he tries to pull out its hair and eye's. its really funny, because he is so serious about it.
I am counting down to June so I can see you!

Nielsen Family said...

Ah yeah it sucks. Marcus and I fought more those weeks then we did our whole marriage! I hated it. I was at Target yesterday and it smelt soooo good even though I had just eaten. I almost stopped but Marcus would have thought I was a total pig! So the day you guys move we get to move into our house!

Ari Anna Johnson said...

I always sell everything and buy on craigslist when I get to where I am going. However, this last move we moved it ALL and yikes I felt just like the photo you have up. Good luck