dang! i'm sorry i have been awful about blogging! moving is stressful and my attention has been towards the million things we need to get done to ensure a relaxing and organized move...if there is such a thing...
but yes, we are alive. we officially leave our house next friday the 13th to go on base and stay in the TLF (temporary lodging facilities) until we fly out on the 25th. the packers come next week (monday-wednesday) to pack us out and send our stuff to alaska. we then drop off our car on thursday to be deep cleaned and ready to ship the following day. its a good thing we are staying on base the last 12 days as we will be down to one car and thats going to be hard! but we will manage as steve just allowed me to get a sweet new stroller (quinny zapp) so getting around the base will be easy as its MUCH more easier to push around. ive always wanted to get a quinny stroller (european's totally rock when it comes to designing strollers), but never won that argument until last week! thank goodness the dollar is doing pretty good compared to the euro as it wasn't bad at all to get one. some people think these strollers look ugly (ahem...my mom), but i don't care! super easy to use and are well constructed. now i want to get the quinny speedi! but of corse that wont happen. how can i convince steve to drop 900+ euro (approx $1,150 USD)? any ideas? hahahaha.

we also decided to NOT go to italy (steve and i were going to go to venice and rome for a few days ALONE) as we rather save that money and get a bedroom set when we get to alaska. it's so ghetto as we have been sleeping on our mattress and boxsprings the past three years! but hey, our bedroom is skinny and long (thank you, weird german architect) so a huge bed wouldn't have fit anyways. so we will most likely go to brugge as a family before we leave and call that good as far as traveling goes. we definately should have taken advantage of traveling right when we moved here in 2006! ahh, it's ok though. europe isn't going anywhere soon.

5 comments:
Ahhh, the good TLF. Stayed there many a time :) That is exciting you are getting ready to move...always fun doing new things! LOVE LOVE that stroller by the way :) I was wondering where you have been...missing your posts!!! :)
ps. I can't belie you passed up Italy! That is my #1 on my list of things to do before I die
I would love to see any of the places you've been and lived!! I don't know that I'll ever get to Europe, but you're right, it's not going anywhere soon.
Glad you got the stroller of your dreams! Good luck with the move!
Reading your PCS details just makes me feel anxious. PCSing is the worse. I hope everything goes smoothly and that you guys find yourselves happily in Alaska soon. How does the wait for housing look? Are you guys going to try to go off base again? Good luck, let us know when you get there!!!
Yeah I'm so glad that your move isn't delayed cause of all the stupid set backs. I love that you finally convinced Steve to get that stroller! YEAH...you have been trying for so long!
Post a Comment