a friend of mine recently posted a picture of her one year old girl on her blog, sitting in her car seat COVERED in her own poo. i died laughing when i first saw this but then cringed at the thought of how fun that must have been to clean up. i am not a fan of changing poopy diapers, especially when the "contents" leak out everywhere and youre fighting your toddler to lay still and not try to grab at herself! i think its time to start potty training...
anyways, brynn was scheduled to have her dance pictures taken today at 2:45-3:00 on spangdahlem at the youth center where her class is normally held. as always, i was running late from our house and was in a hurry to get brynn out the door so we could speed down the autobahn and get to spangdahlem in time. as i was walking out the front door, brynn stayed glued up againist the living room wall, (this is where she stands when she's doing her business) in deep thought, refusing to follow me outside. i waited there for a few seconds then demanded that she follow me out as i was already stressed about the time. she reluctantly walked with me out to the car and i made up my mind to just change her when we got there as it would take too long to take off her coat, boots, shirt, pants, leotard, tights and try and change her in our narrow back seat. she seemed fine while i drove, singing along to the wiggles songs i had in our cd player and pointing to things as saying what they were when we zoomed past them. when we finally arrived, i pulled her out of her car seat and carried her up the stairs holding her close as having her walk would have added a few minutes and we were barely on time. well, when i set her down on the ground, my hand brushed againist my hoodie and i felt that it was damp. without thinking, i smelled my hand and about GAGGED as it was poo water!!! ahhhh! i was so mad!!! so i pulled her into the bathroom and as i walked behind her and noticed that her jeans, shirt and coat were also wet so i knew the damage underneath would be awful. the photographer was waiting for me, so this added to the stress of trying to clean up this mess and not miss my spot. so, i layed her on the plastic changing table in the bathroom, and slowly pulled off her boots, jeans and then stopped...poo was EVERYWHERE! oozing out thru her tights and leotard and all over my hands! i yelled, mad at myself for not changing her at home as i could have probably avoided this situation. so, i took everything off and realized that we were basically screwed as the outfit she was going to wear, was obviously not going to work. i was so frustrated, so i started tearing up (lame i know...) and just decided to go home...but i knew that we werent going to get the opportunity again for her pictures, so i got the idea to wash her leotard in the sink, ring it out, and see if that would work. it looked ok (aside from the fact that it reaked!) and i was feeling like a redneck. so i cleaned brynn's back, neck, arms, legs and stomach with all the wipes i had on me (thank godness i had just replenished the stash this morning) and fixed her hair. i put the cold, wet leotard on her, smashed her bare feet into her tap shoes, and walked out. i told the photographer of our situation and explained to her that i completely understood if she didnt want brynn's smellness to ruin her cute set up. she had no problem with it (although i think that was because she didnt smell her or me yet) and told me that she could take a few pictures with our 3 minutes that were left. brynn wasnt feeling so good and didnt cooperate at all. she didnt want to pose the way the lady wanted her to do and cried when i was more like 3 feet away...so yeah, im not expecting them to look great in anyway as brynn refused to smile and obviously looked sick. bad day...i shouldnt have left the house.
lets hope that her sickness goes away by thursday as thats her recital and i dont want her to miss it! grrrr....
got a poo story? share!

6 comments:
Haha.. sorry about the "crappy" day. I remember when the twins were about 2-2 1/2 and they were napping. They both decided to take off their diapers and proceed to SPREAD it across their room... and I mean literally spread it... it was all over their beds, the rug, the books, the closet, the dresser, the TV... you get the picture. They wanted to "paint". Then to top it off, Jackson stepped in it, and ran down the hallway and into my living room/dining room to show me their artwork, so he spread it across 1/2 the house. Yeah... I don't miss those days... and I'm going to be smart this time. Cameron and duct tape are going to be BEST friends. :D
oh......gross. haha. I'm sorry. What is with all the babies pooing recently?!
Yeah, poo sucks, but it makes for great blog posts.
oooh I got one! So the other day we went to super cuts to get adam's haircut and alex is laying on the floor on his stomach under a chair looking at a book. So I got to pay for the cut and the lady is like "what is that smell??" and the other lady goes "it's not me!". So i out it together and proceed to get out of there. But when I get Alex to stand up the whole front of him is wet. I am like what crappy pull-ups! They can't even hold pee! But as we drove home the smell told us it wasn't pee. It smelled like a herd of cattle in our car! When I got him home I pulled down his pants and he said "mom can you get the peanut butter off me?" You can imagine my choked laughter as I tired not to gag. I had to shower the boy to get all the "peanutbutter" off. We have all been there! Now- whose hungry?
I'm so sorry that your day was crappy! Kelsey had her pictures yesterday too and I'm curious to see how they turn out.
How did Brynn's pictures on Monday turn out? I know it was rainy and all, but did you do any pictures anyway?
Oh wow, you POOR THING! I really don't have any stories like that, but just wanted to tell you how much my heart goes out to you! I hope the photographer got some decent photos anyway!!
P.S. (Oh and I would have teared up too!)
Post a Comment