
man, germans do things soooo differently then we do! i went to a radiology clinic in bitburg this morning to get an mri done of my knee and whoa, pretty interesting experience. first of all, the waiting room has like 15 chairs so most people are stuck standing againist the walls for so long!!! they tend to schedule a ton of people at the same time so even though your appointment may be for 9am, you most likely wont get seen by someone till 9:30 or later. i guess it works that way here? my hip was killing me this morning so i was bummed to not sit down as of corse all the 15 chairs were taken. i had to wait for a long time before i was even seen, so when they finally called my name, i nearly jumped as i was excited to finally be able to sit down and change position. this lady pulled me into a small room off the skinny hallway and told me to undress completely from my waist down and wait in this changing room (more like a dressing room at a department store with a curtain for modesty) until she called me out. i thought it was weird as the room she pulled me into showed the mri machine and there was an old dude basically naked laying in there. ive seen mri machine thingy's before but they are normally in a separate room away from where everyone can see. i thought that was really unprofessional. i didnt see a gown or robe anywhere, so i stayed in my g's until she called my name as im not cool with being naked! EVER! hahahaa...so yeah, she called my name (most germans say it "pederseen" instead of peterson) as she threw the curtain open causing me to sort of scream! hahaha! i scared her too with my response, it was embarassing! i then asked her if there was a robe or something i could put on, as she's looking me up and down and wondering why im wearing white biker shorts as she told me to be completely undressed, and she gave me a weird look. i was not about to walk out naked while other people are sitting in changing rooms right next to me probably peeking out! and im sure she's never seen g's before so she probably thinks im a weirdo. call me a prude or whatever, but thats so unprofessional to not have something to wear!!! so her and this other lady found a blanket for me to use so i wrapped it around myself and walked into the machine room and they loaded me on this ramp...they probably thought i was a rude american but sorry, im not cool with strutting around!!! grrr...why dont they have gowns or something!?!! they dont even have gowns at the hospitals here either! i was so red in the face from being so embarassed so when it was all done, i wandered around kaufland (german grocery store) to get my mind off what had just happened.
so yeah, weird experience and i have to go back to get an mri of my hip next so next time i'll bring my own robe or something! weird huh? you had to be there, or not as that would have been awkward, to fully understand my story. people in germany, or all of europe, are not too modest and dont really care about getting stark naked. i on the otherhand am never going to be that comfortable with that!
way to start a week! hahahaha!

11 comments:
OMG! Your blog cracks me up! I can't beleive the MRI experience. Crazy Germans... I was just catchin' up on your blog and Brynn is so big! I guess I just still picture you guys as having a little baby. I'm a little slow.
So do you know where your moving back to once your home?
Good luck with the prego-plans!
Lindsay!!! Steve!!! So good to hear from you guys and to know you have a blog to keep us updated. Bryn is a little girl now. WOW! She is so darling! When are you moving back to Benson? I miss you guys! lol Emily
AHHH! Germans!!! They never had robes or covers for me in the Krankenhaus either. And I didn't know anyone who had been to the Krankenhaus before me so no one warned me. Luckily I had brought a lot of my own things (since they tell you to in What to Expect When You're Expecting) or I would've been walking around naked. The whole being in the hospital in Germany is an experience I'd like to forget!!!
thats how it is when you have a baby too! It was soooo uncomfortable!!
That is a crazy, funny, embarrassing story! Whats wrong with your knee and hip. I am out of the loop. Or its most likely I am losing my mind.
I love your blog!
When you talk about gowns I think of that one guy in the electric wheel chair that always talked about the power of the universe. (This is sick). do you remember what was hanging lower then his gown? hahaha
um.....what? that sounds horribly unsanitary. GROSS!
What kind of crazy German hospital did you go to? Speaking as someone who spent a lot of time in German hospitals during the past year I can tell you that I was always given a gown...in fact there was a large stack of gowns in the changing area. Maybe it was laundry day when you went or they just thought you were a super hottie and wanted to see more.
Huh wierd both my trip to the Krankenhaus were totally different. They always gave me a robe...were you somewhere else? That is stupid though...I'm glad you stood your ground and made them find something for you!
Oh my gosh! I would die! I am the same as you. I CAN'T believe they don't have those thin hospital gowns. But, I know how Germany is ( I lived there for 4 years...I was born there too) They have NO fear of being naked or even care if they see you naked....WEIRD. Let us know what they find out.
OOPS. That last comment was from me, I was just signed in under Craig's name by accident. So don't think some weird guy is stalking your blog. hehe
hahha...i had a silly experience like that once..but not as extreme as yours...i was getting fitted for a new bra...and the lady came in and was like...what why would you put it over your shirt like that...and I explained that it is just part of my religion..she probably thought I was so kind of wierdo...but when your in the situation how do you explain without saying too much?? very embarrasing!
Post a Comment