Monday, November 24, 2008

twilight

(if you havent seen the movie yet, DON'T read this as i dont want to hear you say "ahhh lindsay! you ruined it for me!)
since everyone else in the world has been blogging about the twilight movie, i thought i would join the ranks as you know i am a huge follower!...hahahaha
it didnt seem like the movie was going to reach our area for a few more weeks, so a few people from the ward were going to drive to belgium (i think it was in liege?) this coming wednesday to go and see it. i didnt see that working out too well with me as finding someone to watch brynn the whole day was going to be hard as our normal babysitters would still be in school. luckily, stacy p from the ward heard that a german movie theatre was showing it near ramstein afb (about an hour and a half away) so people called in, reserved tickets, and we were able to go and see it saturday night. i wasnt too crazy with the people they choose for bella and edward, so i had a hard time getting into it as whenever they spoke, it took everything i had to not bust out laughing!
here are a few of the parts i thought were hilarious! (and they werent supposed to be!)
-seeing jasper! WTF! dude looked like a mime! but a lot of people in our theatre laughed too when he first appeared on the movie
-seeing the vampires dance around the fire in the ballet studio when they were burning james
-the way emmet was dressed. i dont remember him being a "gangsta" when i read the book. did someone catch that part when they were reading the books? maybe i missed it...
-edwards sparkling skin. hmmm...i understand that that would have been hard to do though in a movie so i cant complain too much
-edward running around with bella on his back
-all of the vampires powdery complexions! it looked especially awful on carlisle.
-alice jumping on james and breaking his neck/taking his head off.
-edward's face in biology class when bella first came in and sat by him! that actually was pretty good acting!!! totally how i pictured that scene to take place in my head.
now, i understand that there is no way they could have made the movie as great as the book, so i wasnt expecting that when i watched it. all in all, it was on ok movie, but i prefer the version i made up in my head when i read all of stephenie meyers books. yes, i think everyone should go and see it for themselves and try and not let "my" opinion alter theirs.
this is a pretty funny spoof that i found on youtube a few weeks ago that i think is worth sharing. if you watched the original twilight trailer, you'll get the humor.


my favorite part is when "edward" runs away screaming "hey, im immortal"!!!! LMAO!

5 comments:

Annie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, that made my day

Kristen said...

So funny! Who needs a movie theater when you have "You Tube?" (of course, it took me FOREVER to download).

Ashlie Bischoff said...

ok that has GOT to be the funniest thing I have seen in a LONG LONG time!! HAHAHA I seriously couldn't stop laughing!!!

The Weinert's said...

That was great. I was laughing so hard. I don't think I need to see the movie now!

The Obstinant Family said...

HAHA Love the video, probably better then the actual Movie. I posted about the acutal Twilight BOoks, I thought Twilight sucked actually so I don't think I would even like the movie. But I loved Ecliplse and New Moon.