Monday, September 7, 2009

baby rag quilt




a friend of mine posted a tutorial on her blog a few months back on how to make a rag quilt. i LOVE the way these look and really wanted to try and make one myself. it didn't look too hard (never mind that i can't sew and haven't played with my crappy sewing machine in 3 years) so i went to joann's fabric a while back armed with coupons and bought lots of different fabric. while i was at the store, i came up with a GREAT idea to make not only one, but TWO as brynn definitely needed one as well. i think i jumped the gun a little as making the one for the baby's nursery was frustrating enough! my sewing machine was having major tension issues throughout the whole ordeal so it took me a good week JUST to sew the #$^#%@ thing together! ugh...i might try and see if i can borrow a friend's sewing machine before i start sewing brynn's together as it is just NOT worth the time/energy/frustration.
in the end, it turned out ok....just don't look too closely at the rows as they are totally off from one another! i seriously tried. really i did.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

It's gorgeous, you talented thing, you!

Scott, Valerie and Kendall Bug said...

WOW!!! I am impressed, not sure what you are talking about but it looks pretty fab to me. I totally would love to make one of these, but could never get past the cutting a straight line, let alone sewing one. Way to go!

PS read the blimp about potty training and about died laughing on the "nether region" comment. LOL!

Nielsen Family said...

That is way cute! And I love the colors you picked. I can't wait to see your nursery!

Terra Bingham said...

so cute! and you said you didn't quilt.

Adventures in Petersonland said...

just you wait terra! inspect in closely and you will TOTALLY see what i mean! its cute from far away.
oh, and did i mention i also bought fabric so i can start the christmas quilt that jodi put together?! why do i do these things?! i guess i will now have something to do when im hibernating out for the winter.

Annie said...

I think the blanket looks awesome! I made a dress for Chels when we first moved to CA and I got so frusterated with my sewing machine that I've never done anything with it since!

Kasey said...

So cute! love the fabric you used. Okay, now I need the tutorial...

Schuster Travels said...

IT's so beautiful! Great job Lindsay! Where is this blog? I want the directions...love love it.

AKmamaof4 said...

I didn't know you finished this. It looks great. Bring it next Thursday

Jayci said...

I think it looks AMAAZING! I'm impressed even with an 'injured' sewing machine it only took you a week!

Unknown said...

It really is SOOO GREAT!!! I love the colors! Lots of work though huh? :) I remember my hand cramping up plus it is hard getting down when you have a huge ol belly in the way :) You hanging in there? I am MISERABLE...I am gonna ask my Dr. to strip my membranes tomorrow so I can go into labor. Hope you are doing good!